Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Made in Twenty

Met up with E yesterday. Eeeeks our photos turned out horrible and insalvageable!! So no photos again :( Hahahaha!!

But it's really funny how attached I am to her. Sometimes I feel she's like my little sister - a very similar extension of me.

The weirdest thing is how I used to lament to Bernard in the very distant past that I didn't have a girlfriend in the world that shared the same kind of thinking as I did/same kind of shopping habits as I did, and then now, I got to know E because we both broke up with Bernard.

How weird is that? Makes me wonder that if we put all those norms and awkward feelings aside, would everyone get along with the ex-es of their ex-es? Er..? Hahaha!

Everytime I think of it, I am reminded of how this friendship started because of so much pain. I suppose "shared" pain can bring people together. I guess I understand a lot of the loneliness involved - it's not exactly loneliness, I guess, but more like suffering alone because the people around you can't comprehend completely.

It is also ironic that although both our lives revolve around two separate spheres - geographically speaking as well as socially; there are so many links and connections between them. I know so many people she knows, even though some of them have never set even a fraction of their skin in Australia. Suppose, people are the same everywhere. Gossip-mongers especially :)

As for me, I still miss Brisbane a lot. It is funny that though it's on another continent, there are so many similarities between Singapore and Brisbane. Of course I'm not saying they are identical.

Perhaps one day I can finally move my life over. Without having to worry about the people at home.

Sigh.

Talking about the people at home ... I have just about given up on this family. No one seems to want to talk directly to each other even though they are siblings. Even when I was abroad, my aunt will phone me in Brisbane to get me to tell my dad stuff.

That is my aunt for you. (Hahahaha, another thing I just realised we have in common is that E and I have very, ahem, special aunts! Hahaha!)

Hmm tomorrow I'll be meeting my aunt and my dad for reuinion dinner grocery shopping. I'm not looking forward to it at all. I already can't wait for it to be over. Sigh.


- 24 January 2007 2:16pm -

2 comments:

Elyanna said...

I'll send u the pix soon! promise!

hesedetang * said...

It's ok, take your time :D

I still have those we took, but they are sooo ugly haha :P

Hope these few days have been fun for you ^_^